There’s a reason I’m particularly excited about our Permobil giveaway. Not only are we happy to have the opportunity to give away around $17,000 worth of equipment to our lovely readers but I’m happy to share the story of the company, Permobil.
Permobil is celebrating its 50th anniversary and they have good reason to celebrate. Their products have changed, and continue to change, the lives of so many people living with a disability. From the comfort and health benefits of the ROHO seating and support range, the independence offered by their range of Permobil power chairs and the customised TiLite manual chairs, their range offers solutions which make people’s lives better.
Permobil’s vision hasn’t changed since Swedish founder, Per Udden’s vision started it all in the 1960’s. Per Uddén was a doctor, an entrepreneur, an inventor and a father of ten. He had a passion to find solutions to the problems he encountered in his work as a doctor. He found if his patients needed a basic wheelchair, it wasn’t assured they could drive it both outdoors and inside their home. Together with engineer Bert Engman, he formed a team with the perfect combination of innovative thinking, patient focus and skilled engineering which would make history in the rehabilitation industry.
In the beginning, the team had no skills in constructing electric vehicles. Undeterred, they used the help of telephone lessons in mechanics, electronics and much creativity which began the first chapter in the Permobil story. It’s easy to take it for granted now that power wheelchairs are part of many people’s everyday lives but there was a time when this wasn’t the case. Thank goodness for people who have a vision and the determination to see it through.
Fast forward to 2017 and Permobil continues Per Udden’s legacy and is considered a leader in the disability sector for equipment solutions. Reading the testimonials of Permobil’s customers the words that stand out are “independence”, “comfort” and the custom chairs “fit my personality”. Each is important in its own way but they all improve quality of life and how people feel about themselves.
Here in Australia, Permobil Australia offers not only the Permobil owned products (Permobil power chairs, TiLite manual wheelchairs and ROhO positioning and seating products), but also third party products such as SmartDrive, Bodypoint and the FreeWheel.
So, we hope to make a difference in a small way ourselves by partnering with Permobil to give away 5 commode/shower chair systems. We are particularly excited to share the travel options as we know exactly how difficult it can be to find a suitable travel commode chair.
Now you’ve learnt more about Permobil, it’s time to share the full details of the giveaway we are running.
We have 5 commode shower systems to giveaway as follows
1. MC 3200 (value $1,595)
2. MC6000TX (Value $5,595)
3. MC4000Tilit-P1 (value $3,860)
The MULTICHAIR 4000Tilt Pediatric chair has an exclusive “grow” feature, so it can stay with the same user from early youth all the way through to adulthood, by simply updating the seat cushion, backrest and a couple of brackets, saving thousands in replacement costs over the years.
4. MC4000Tilit-P2 (Value $3,860)
5. MC5000 (Value $2,260)
You can learn more about the above chairs on the Nuprodx website here
HOW TO ENTER
- You need to chose which of the above products you’d like to win.
- Tell us in 50 words or less, out of the Permobil power chairs, TiLite Manual Chairs, ROHO support and seating products, SmartDrive, the FreeWheel & Bodypoint which you like best and why. If you don’t have experience with these products you can click on the links for the SmartDrive, FreeWheel, Bodypoint above and read about the rest here.
- Fill out the form here
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions – NuProdx Shower and Commode chair giveaway.
- The product being given away has been donated by Permobil Australia. Permobil Australia and Have Wheelchair Will Travel are not providing a warranty or any support for this product as it no longer sells the product. Use of the product is at your own risk. Permobil Australia and Have Wheelchair Will Travel do not take any responsibility for any damages, including but not limited to:
– Incorrect use of the product
– Bodily injury
– Broken parts or components
– Property damage
- Additional accessories (e.g. Under seat pan) are available from the manufacturer and/or their current Australian reseller. For more information visit the website www.nuprodx.com
- More details regarding the products being given away are available on the manufacturer’s website www.nuprodx.com. Permobil Australia requests any enquiries regards the product features and/or accessories be made directly with the manufacturer.
- Permobil Australia will ship the product to the competition winners, free of charge, within Australia only.
- Permobil Australia reserves the right to use any entries as material for marketing purposes. By entering the competition, the entrant is giving permission for their entry to be used by Permobil Australia for marketing purposes, including use on social network platforms.
- The giveaway will run from 07.00pm Sunday 10 September 2017 to 11.59 pm AEST Monday 9 October 2017
- Permobil Australia will be judging the winner based on creativity and the response given. Judging will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be announced on Have Wheelchair Will Travel’s Facebook page. Winners will be contacted via the email address provided on the entry form.
- Should a winner not respond to the email advising they have won, the prize will be awarded to the next best entry. Winner must reply within 14 days of notification.