I’ve finally done it. After writing two blogs about car and mobility equipment insurance, I made a phone call to compare our current car insurance with a Blue Badge policy. Blue Badge offers a discount for parking permit holders and it’s free to get a quote. What did I have to lose? Life’s so busy I was constantly popping the job into the too hard basket. It now seems ridiculous when it only took around 10 minutes to get a quote and the saving offered by swapping our insurance to Blue Badge is $200.
TIPS FOR GETTING A QUOTE
We can all benefit from saving money where we can and it really is simple to make an enquiry.
Before you call, have the facts available –
Have your current policy on hand to provide information.
If you have a modified vehicle, make sure you cover the cost of the modification.
Make sure the cover is identical so you get a true picture of price comparison.
GET A NO OBLIGATION FREE QUOTE TODAY AND HELP A CHARITY
Many of our regular readers will know that I am a big fan of the charity Touched By Olivia. TBO builds accessible and inclusive play spaces to ensure everyone can get out and play which encourages inclusion. Our family believe that there are enormous benefits to the whole family from spending time together playing and therefore we’ve nominated Touched By Olivia as our charity of choice.
- Blue Badge Insurance will donate $10 to Touched By Olivia, on behalf of HWWT, for every quote they get from people who mention the following code: HWWT001. Offer ends 28 April 2017
- The offer is available to anyone who regularly uses a current Disability Parking Permit. The policy is open to anyone with a valid Australian permit, regardless of the type of car you drive (i.e. both standard cars and disability modified vehicles). Offer is limited to one per customer.
- All you need to do to is call the Blue Badge Customer Service Team on 1300 304 802 and get an obligation free quote. You don’t need to buy a policy from Blue Badge for them to donate. So, you have nothing to lose but inclusive and accessible play has everything to gain.
- You can visit the Blue Badge website for information on the product but there is no online quote service available at the moment. (http://www.bluebadgeinsurance.com.au/insurance/car/)
- Email quotes are available for anyone who prefers communicating in written form (email: [email protected]).
You can read my blog on insuring your car and mobility equipment here.
Do you have your vehicle’s accessible modifications covered by insurance?